Here it is folks, the very first Midwestern Gothic contest! We’re looking for stories (sorry poetry people, but we’ll get you next time) inspired by the prompt at the end of this post. All you have to do is follow a few simple rules, and it’s open to anyone who wants to participate who has a connection to the Midwest in some fashion (school, work, born/raised/died here/etc.).
- Your story must be new and inspired by the prompt given. If it’s been previously written/published/edited/whatever before you see the prompt, it’s not eligible.
- 2,500 words maximum.
- Again, you, the author, must have ties to the Midwest. The story doesn’t need to take place in the Midwest, but it should be inspired by your time here.
- Submissions due on/before May 13, 2011, via Submishmash.
That’s it. Simple, right? Now on to what you really care about…
The fiction editors here at Midwestern Gothic will review the entries, and every week or so, we’ll post any particularly striking entries to the website. When submissions close for Issue 2, we’ll select a winner from all the entries and post it to the site as well.
The winner receives:
- Publication in Issue 2
- A free digital copy of Issue 2
- Special contributor pricing rate on additional books
And away we go!