We’re thrilled to announce our first ever Midwestern Authors Book Giveaway, where you can win signed copies and eBooks from some of the best talent the Midwest has to offer. And the best part is, all you need is a Twitter account to enter.
TO ENTER: Retweet the contest tweet from @mwgothic. That’s it! For each prize we’ll draw a winner (at random using Random.org) from the collected pools of entries (read: each retweet is an entry).
CONTEST DATES: Monday, July 22, through Friday, July 26
PRIZES: We’re giving away a slew of daily prizes, with bigger prizes at the end of the week.
The big prizes at the end of the week are:
Grand Prize: 1 Yearly Print Subscription to Midwestern Gothic (4 issues) and 1 signed copy of This Jealous Earth
1st Prize: 1 Yearly Digital Subscription to Midwestern Gothic (4 issues), 1 Midwestern Gothic: Summer 2013 – Issue 10 paperback, and 1 This Jealous Earth eBook.
2nd Prize: All 10 issues in the Midwestern Gothic catalog in eBook format as well as a This Jealous Earth eBook.
Bonus Prizes: 1 signed copy of The Sense of Touch by Ronald Parsons and Wheatyard by Peter Anderson
Not only does re-Tweeting the contest tweet put you in the running to win one of these prize packs, but it also enters you automatically into the drawing for a daily prize.
Daily prizes include:
Monday: Charles McLeod: Signed copies of National Treasure and American Weather (5 winners)
Tuesday: Frank Bill: Signed copies of Donnybrook (2 winners)
Wednesday: Susan Taylor Chehak: Signed copies of Smithereens (2 winners) and eBooks of The Great Disappointment (2 winners)
Thursday: University of Minnesota Press: Vacationland by Sarah Stonich and We’ll Be the Last Ones to Let You Down: Memoir of a Gravedigger’s Daughter by Rachael Hanel (3 winners)
Friday: Scott Dominic Carpenter: Signed copies of This Jealous Earth: Stories and Theory of Remainders (4 winners)
- Once you retweet the contest tweet you are automatically entered into the drawing for the prizes for that day and the grand, 1st, 2nd and bonus prizes at the end of the week
- Must have a valid Twitter account to enter
- You get one entry per day—that means if you RT the contest tweet every day of the contest, you have a shot at winning all the daily prizes, and you get 5 chances to win the prizes at the end of the week.
- Winners are chosen by Random.org random number generator after each RT is assigned a number.
- Daily winners will be announced on Twitter, and only RTs from that day will count toward that day’s prize.
- If you enter and win a daily prize, you can still enter, once per day, for the rest of the contest duration for a better shot at the final prize. You can only win one daily prize per twitter account.