For those who aren’t familiar, the Pushcart Prize is an annual award handed out to short stories, essays and poetry originating from small presses. At Midwestern Gothic we are so fortunate to read and publish some amazing pieces from folks all over the country, and while it’s hard to pick only a few to nominate, there were some that stood out as pure excellence.
That said, please join us in congratulating our 2018 nominees:
- Cortney Lamar Charleston – “Facts Only” – Poetry
- Matt Whelihan – “Eighteen Dead Water Buffalo” – Fiction
- Nora Seilheimer “The Breakup Cat” – Nonfiction
- John LaPine – “Today at Lunch Danez Smith Says Nigga” – Poetry
- Cassandra Morrison – “One Twenty Something’s Notes” – Nonfiction
- Joliange Wright – “The Mother Church” – Fiction
A huge congrats and a dose of good luck to all our nominees!